EQUIPPED w/ Brailin Paulino ’18
2. I bring my headphones because sometimes I need to get into my zone and focus on the task ahead. I usually listen to songs by Lecrae such as “Say I Won’t (feat. Andy Mineo)” or my self-written records like “Underdog”.
3. The warm-up jacket is in my bag since we wear it to travel and because it’s red and awesome.
4. I have my inhaler because I have asthma.
5. My glasses are there because I can’t see when I’m in class or outside when the wind blows the snow into my face.
6. My Bible is in my bag because without my faith I wouldn’t be able to endure the intensities or struggles present here at Cornell in academics and athletics.
7. My phone charger is there because I never let my baby die!
8. My other babies (my spikes) are marked “Baby Phat” because when I first came to Cornell I wasn’t in the shape that I am right now. I lost a lot of weight and gained more muscle. I was the underdog on the team, but through faith I overcame those struggles. [All that work is paying off; Paulino just ran the 9th all-time fastest 60m at Cornell.]
9. The cliff bar testifies that food is life.
10. The Raiders were the first NFL team I watched play after I moved to the US from the Dominican Republic. I moved to Cali when I was young but I still rep the island. Last summer, I ran the 4×100 with the U20 DR National Team at the Central American and Caribbean Championships.